Choosing the right bun for your burger can be a bit challenging. You need the bun to stand up to the burger, whatever condiments you may choose, how many pieces of produce or your favorite cheese. The following are a few burger bun suggestions that may make your next burger meal the best one yet!
- Ciabatta Roll. The thick crust of Italian-style ciabatta provides structure for even the juiciest of burgers.
- English Muffin. Round and sturdy, the English muffin seems designed for burgers.
- Kaiser Roll. A little soft so not as sturdy but delicious.
- Onion Roll. A great choice with the added sweetness of the onion pieces.
- Potato Roll. Same as the Kaiser, a little soft so don’t overload it.
- Pretzel Roll. A great choice, especially if your doing a gourmet burger, think Gastropub!
- Sesame Seed Bun. A classic!
- Sliced Bread. Only in a pinch and if you’re going to use this, select a heartier bread like sourdough that will stand up to the juices.